Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Blog is A Blog of Course, of Course...

And no one is talking to my blog it seems. That's why I haven't been posting. Although I am guilty of the same behavior, so slap my hand. Things are still busy around here and while I'd like to think I'm getting used to the schedule, I think I still have a while before I learn to wake up early like a grown up should. I struggle with it because I stay up way too late and then find it hard to get up when I need to. Stella isn't late, but I on the other hand always am. You wouldn't know that I was raised by a man that thinks you are late to work if you only show up 5 minutes early. :)
Creatively, things are flowing like never before. It's amazing to me how a few years of bad jobs can really throw off your game, and while working where I do is NOT ideal, it does free me up to take on other ventures. My Vegas client even said that by the second or third quarter of next year, he's hoping to offer me a full time job working remotely to Vegas from Michigan. Again, not my ideal job, but it would definitely make life around here a bit easier to stomach. I also have a new company I am working with and things are going well there too. I do have one client that it won't surprise me if he lets me go, but if I'm to be honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I may be able to create something from nothing, but I'm no psychic. I can't hear what you don't say and I don't read minds. He is the nicest man, but asks me to do things like I know what he's asking for. For example, what if someone came to you and said we want to do a Coke ad??????? OK? What do you want it to say? What is the important info? Do you have text? So incredibly frustrating. :( And then, he'll criticize (nicely) what the outcome is, my fragile ego can't take that sometimes. I'm sensitive. 
Halloween is starting to creep it's way into our home and we've even started buying items to make costumes. Stella wants to be a bumble bee and Cohen will be an ice cream "Cohen," french vanilla of course. I have a few projects in mind for the holiday so if I get to them, I'll take some pics. Enjoy your day, I know I will because I'm working from home today!! Yeah for little white lies. ;)

2 comments:

Ker said...

Hey You - Glad to see that you are doing well (even if you have a lousy client!).

I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I've been distracted by all sorts of things lately, and posting regularly on other's blogs have been at the bottom of my list. Now that things are calming down it should be easier.

Can't wait to see those costumes!

CACTUSmango said...

i am guilty on all counts. i visit blogs but don't leave comments as much as i should. but, on yours, i do leave comments! so feel special, girl. hehehe. ;)

i'm in love with cohen's costume idea. can't wait to see them all geared up.