Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Shocking Response.

Had another baby doc appointment and all is well. Baby Cohen is measuring 33 weeks already. Last time he was only measuring 29 weeks. Growing fast. I asked Stella tonight if she had any concerns about the baby coming and suddenly things got dark. She looks at me like she going to cry and says "I'm worried that Cohen will be dead in your tummy." All I could do was say "Oh baby, NO, he's fine, he's moving all the time, don't even worry about that." I thought she would say something more along the lines of "I'm afraid you won't love me as much as the baby" etc. 

Then she told Matt and it made him upset a little, apparently something he NEVER wants to hear again. Wow! Sometimes I am so shocked by what comes out of her little brain.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have her put her hands on our tummy when he's active, to reassure her.

Jenn said...

Aww, big hugs to Stella. Those are big worries for such a little girl.
Excellent suggestion, Sue!

Julie said...

Hi Brooke,

This comment is not related to your blog entry, but to the comment you left on my blog. I didn't want you to miss it because I love the effort of a rhyme so much (I love rhymes).

Here's what I replied back on our blog (although being pregnant you are not allowed to do what I say.... stay right there on the couch!)

Brooke,

A rhyme?!?! A rhyme must be replied!

First one that I learned as a child:
Fatty and Skinny went to bed.
Fatty rolled over and Skinny was dead.

I tell Eric that I want to be the survivor!

OK, now a custom rhyme.
In the US of A we do supersize
Our french fries, our sodas and also our thighs.
We're gonna do better, We're gonna get thin.
If we all stick together, we're all gonna win.
So get off that couch, now do what I say
And we'll all be skinny by CH of A.