Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not Ignoring...Swearsies!

Been keepin' busy trying to make extra money. I was offered a position for our downtown development authority but decided that I wasn't quite ready to sell my soul just yet for nothin'. I have been here a lot in the last week. They have these really cool design contests and while I haven't won anything yet, I have come very close. :) Not to mention I feel like I'm really amping up my portfolio and getting some really good feedback. Stella and Cohen are growing like weeds. Stella will be 5 June 9th and Cohen will be 4 months on Sunday. OMG, it feels like just yesterday that I pushed that kid out at the speed of light! But, I just got the bug to have another, someone please take my temperature, I must have a fever causing delusions. Matt is about to enter finals week, yeah. But, he won't be officially done until next semester, a couple more classes he wants to take, but he'll be looking for a job shortly I'll have you know. GMAC modified our mortgage, it's pretty good too, my only complaint is that it is still an adjustable rate, but it won't adjust until 2014! That's it for now, I will be back, never fear, you know I love you.

2 comments:

Ker said...

Brooke - You are so awesome! I love how you find a way to potentially win prizes AND practice your craft! And, so awesome to hear that GMAC modified your mortgage. That will be the first thing I do when/if I get the axe.

Question for you - are you capable of making Vector images? I want a snazzy banner for my blog (kinda like the one "The Meanest Mom" has over at http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com... but I'm not sure where to start. Is that a photoshop thing, or an illustrator thing? Do you know? Thanks!

Jenn said...

So happy GMAC came through. I can't wait to see the kids again. Has it really been 4 mos since he was born?!