Friday, June 12, 2009

Big Bash Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is Stella 5th birthday party. She officially turned 5 on the 9th, but since she was in preschool this year, figured it might be fun to invite her little friends from school to swim and have a little cake. Speaking of swimming, what's with this weather? Is the May or June? I have no idea if it will even be warm enough to swim tomorrow, bummer. And, geez, what's with people not RSVPing? So far I've had one no and 2 yes. Hmmmm, what to think about the other 13 children that were invited, SCARY! We also have friends and family coming, so all is not lost. Stella won't care as long as someone comes. :)
Took her to the doctor today and she is just big, in all manners of speaking. The doctor says her weight is ok, and that as long as she stays the same by next year she'll fall right in line with her height. She is 95th percentile for her height and the doc said the size of a 6 or 7 year old, this I figured. And so, people will expect more of her based on how she looks or think she is not very smart. And, she may need glasses, poor kid. :( Apparently Matt got glasses in kindergarten and I think both of my brothers did as well.
It was funny tonight we went to Plato's Place for dinner and the waitress suddenly said, "oh my god, he looks just like that baby from The Incredibles," pointing at Cohen. This made me laugh out loud as I have said this to Matt and Stella on more than one occasion.
OMG, I fed, or rather, tried to feed him peaches tonight and he would have none of it. I was telling the doctor about his #2 issues and she suggested starting peaches, even before veggies. In a word, HATE, and that isn't too strong a word either. Even 15 seconds after having tasted, his little body would shiver in disgust. I tried mixing it with cereal too and UCK, hell no. He even refused the bottle, choosing instead to get to bed. Such a sweetie!
Well, I should get to chilling out as all the housework is done, food buying is complete aside from Cake and ice. I need my rest, because if it rains, I need not be stressed if I am tons of people in my itty bitty house.
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday to Stella! I hope it doesn't rain for your party :)

Valentina Harper said...

Happy belated Birthday! How was the party?