Friday, July 3, 2009

MFA Bound.

I'm actually doing it. I met with the graduate adviser at Eastern Michigan University and I will be making my submission in early February of 2010. So, what happens now? Work, and lot's of it, all while in conjunction with the endless trail of what I already do everyday and quite possibly taking 3 classes at Schoolcraft College to get some web design skills. Stupid? Smart? Tired.

I have plans to meet with an old professor to discuss my current work, where in I know he will challenge not only me but my work. Good! I am looking forward to it. A wise woman once told me that without frustration you would not overcome anything. Bring on the frustration. 

I know this sounds weird or pretentious, but my goal is to teach, but also to mold people who are interested in design. I know that I spend entirely too much time in front of my computer and it is my challenge to tear myself away from it from time to time, but that is the part of me that knows I want to/can teach! Also, if I could throw in to the mix getting published, writing a book and holding gallery show, bring it on!

I will keep you posted and may even possibly have an additional blog showcasing my journey to my MFA. Thanks to everyone who reads this crap, I read your words and stay inspired. Thanks for all the support. :)

No comments: