Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh My Aching Back.

Put my back out on Saturday and I'm still dealing with the pain. I can sit and sleep, I just can't walk for very long standing up straight. I hate going to thechiropractor, I think it's creepy, but in this case, I know that I must. My chiropractor while very kind, makes me feel sort of uncomfortable, he's almost flirty if that makes sense. The bad part, he's a real throw back to the 80's, I'm talking he's got butt hair and molester glasses. Basically I've got a pinched nerve in my spine and it's been a year since it's acted up, and so it goes. I have however spent the better part of yesterday and today sitting in front of my laptop creating a poster for Garden City's first ever Art Festival (fingers crossed it actually materializes) and I've been busy. With the back pain I can't even pick up Cohen, so sure it will send my back into convulsions, so I sit and I'll feed, but someone has to transport the little man for me. Anyway, here is the poster, I'm proud of it. It's always fun to create something for a cause you can get behind. I take any and all chances I can to be creative lately. Even Saturday as we sat with the tax preparer, I offered to create some new business cards. She took me up on it and I'll be dropping off my business card to them some time this week. I'm trying.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The poster is awesome Brooke!
I hope your back feels better after your trip to the chiro. Nothing sucks more than an aching back!

babalisme said...

I hope you're alright... take a deep breath and sip some tea, it always help.

Jenn said...

Brooke, that poster is awesome. I love it! And you go girl - drum up business at every opportunity! So sorry to hear about your back.

Not sure if you remember a few years ago...we had you guys over for an early summer BBQ...kids were playing in the sandbox...Steve crouched down next to them and when he stood up he got a twinge in his back. Just a fluke thing. The next day he couldn't even pick up Meg to put her on the changing table and I had to work. Ugh. That was how we got the girls across the street to start babysitting. They came over and helped him with the kids while I was at work.

Hope the chiro helps.

Valentina Harper said...

Holly WoW! This poster is *AWESOME* I want to be there! Ooisscchh... back pain is not fun at all :S

CACTUSmango said...

the poster is Festivly awesome b! hope the chiro dude tones down the creepy & eases d pain. ps...i sent you a little email with some bit of juicy info...

Brook said...

oh man .... butt hair cut and molester glasses.... what do you want me to do piss my freaking pants from laughing so hard!!! Thats so funny... my moms chiropractor was a freako too... He always made me feel like my skin was crawling. He liked to talk in this weird "calming" voice.... eeewwwww and that was literally 10 years ago...