Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Sorry, I Was On A Hiatus.

I haven't abandoned everyone, just had some real issues that had to be dealt with. The long and the short of it? Welp, Matt and I and Stella and Cohen will be losing our house this year. :( It is devastating and sucks and nothing I ever imagined I would go through, but considering the circumstances, it is what it is. I won't be going into any details, but leaving it in the most legal way possible is the best choice for us, because our situation here is NOT improving with Matt still laid off, my hours greatly cut and both of us actively looking for work. We are as Matt says "now a statistic." 

One of the hardest parts of all of this for me is that like everyone, I strove to do better than my parents did. Both Matt and I have our bachelors degrees check 1 on my list, we own/owned our home check 2, we have two beautiful children check 3, but sadly and thankfully this is something my parents never had to go through. I. Have. Failed. :(

The bright spot? We have amazing friends, and you all know who you are. One set of these amazing people has offered up a home to rent to own for us, and mind you a fully updated home that was the childhood home of a very good friend. Sadly her father died and then her grandfather and so now her mother is moving from that home she shared with her now deceased husband and into the home of her now deceased father. Scott and Julie have agreed that they will rent this home to us for as long as it takes for us to own it. :) We had no idea what we would do before this option was presented to us, mostly just the greater hope of new and better employment. The home that we will call ours possibly as early as June will cost us a whopping $600 less per month, hallelujah! Taking so much strain off of our already delicate income. 

I cannot express to them enough how grateful we are about this and will probably annoy them so much with the amount of times I say thank you for saving my family and helping us stay together. You don't want to know what I thought our other options could be. 

As I know things I will post them here, mostly for myself for "memories" in the future of tough times, but also to show you why I was unable to keep up with my new download for everyday. I simply don't care anymore and now have bigger fish to fry.

2 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Oh B! I'm so sorry! I hope things turn around for you and your family very soon. *HUG*

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear you are having such trouble, but I am glad that you will have a place to live. What great friends!