Saturday, August 16, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys.

That's what I hope anyway. Yes, it's a BOY!! We are very excited and blessed to be able to have one of each now. Everything looked good on the ultrasound and he was moving like crazy all over the place. Stella got very excited while watching her new baby brother on the monitor. Now, we just need to agree on the name, Matt is coming around to my choice, so once he decides if he likes it, I'll reveal "our" name for the baby to be. So, I've made my first boy item of clothing purchase. Aren't those jammies cute? I just love Target and getting a bargain. It was from a set of 2 that apparently got separated and so the cost for the pj's was only $1.71. Can't beat that. I'm hoping to stock an entire dresser drawer for about $100. Maybe that's a dream and (no, I'm not that cheap) I'm just sort of setting up a challenge for myself, besides, I have a VERY small dresser. I'll post pics of the dresser once I do my magic on it. I don't have an exact plan for it yet, but something will come to me, it always does.

The other day my mother and Stella and I went to Ikea in search of various goodies, one of which was curtains. The ones I thought I wanted to buy were not what I expected and looked really cheap, so I was sort of bummed. But then my mom saw these bins with packages of material and they were quite big piece of material for $3.99, so I picked up 3 packages and lastnight started to fashion some simple curtains. Well, curtain, as I was only able to complete one window curtain. We've had the same curtains on the window since before we moved in and I've always seen them as temporary and have always hated them, but until you have to buy curtains, you don't realize just how expensive they are, sometimes you just make do with what you can afford. I'm an extremely simple sewer and have never had any formal training on a sewing machine, my mom showed me how to thread the machine and that was about it, so I'm quite remedial, but that's enough to sew a hem in my book and I've made skirts and purses and now CURTAINS and oh yeah even some mini books that I've sewn in. So, here are the start of my new curtains, what do you think? It felt really good to take time out of my day to do something for myself. It has been a long time since I've said, "screw it, I'll make up the hours another day, now I'm doing something for me." Also, I'm going to have a booth at my local "Craftique" store and once I get some things finished up, I'll post pics of them too. It's going to be so fun to just do more creatively.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew you were going to have a boy! Congrats :0

elena maria said...

Congrats on baby boy AND Craftique! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I remember the purses that you made. Cute!

CACTUSmango said...

i'm smiling reading your blog in it's 3rd reincarnation. what a relief that you got through that "spotting" bout, and now you know for sure you're gonna have a baby boy. smiling smiling for you b.

also, love the ikea fabric...almost like sand dollars...speakin' of that, hope your Craftique booth is a success.