Monday, August 25, 2008

A Positivity Theme.

A very, very kind neighbor has loaned to me the book "The Secret." Cheesey to some yes, but right now, it's exactly what I need. My normal outlook on a daily basis for the last couple years is downright negative and look where it has gotten me. Now, I am taking the blame for past injustices and forging forward in a new spirit of positivity. My new mantra: "Good thoughts are strong, negative thoughts are weak. I'm only going to think good thoughts!" Yes, this is a new thing for me, and in doing so, I have already remembered one good thing today, that will help lessen the pressure we are under when our mortgage readjusts in November, taking $34 worth of pressure each month off of a $130/month stress. Not too shabby!

2 comments:

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Here's two quotes that I read over and over when I feel like I'm sinking in a pit of my own negativity:

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen; either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly ~Edward Teller

Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. ~Anonymous

You guys are always in my prayers
xo