Friday, February 20, 2009

Can I Use Your Toilet?

What a difference a week makes right? 
A new job that I love. GMAC has approved us for a partial loan modification, hopefully in the end, an entire modification. So far, $50 less per month. Funny how in these times negotiating your mortgage is like getting an interest rate lowered on a credit card. They lowered the rate by 2% on the one so far. 
There was promise for Matt with a job interview on the horizon, but he received an email from the employer asking when he could meet but was informed that it would only be part time. That's just crap. People are so afraid to hire someone full time, it's insane, how do companies think people can live on part time money? Then, Matt is supposed to call in for his unemployment on Wednesday's 
at 1pm, well he forgot. So he couldn't call until the next morning. I paid the insurance bill and of course, what happens, the unemployment check DOES NOT go in the bank this morning. So, we had to put a stop on the check. Then, my check doesn't go in the bank because I'm not "in the system" yet. WTF? Then, I get home from work and what should I find? Water filling up the street in front of 
my house. A WATER MAIN BREAK!!! And, now they have cut down our tree and still digging in the front yard and no one is allowed to poopie.
 Thank God Stella is spending the night at grandma and grandpa's. But, I'm still feeling positive. Things are looking up and I can see that, plus, with this little face smiling at me when I least expect it, I can't help but be comforted, right?

2 comments:

Brook said...

Juan is on unemployment as well... it took them FOREVER to send the check.... they sent 3 at once... And forget about calling.... you NEVER get through!!! I am almost relieved he got recalled to go back into the marines!

Jenn said...

So happy the new job is going well and yay for progress on the mortgage! Hopefully things keep moving in this direction!