Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Me, Cameron Crowe and Marvin Gaye?


Got some interesting and exciting news today. Don't even really know if I'm allowed to share it, but he won't find out, but let's try to keep it hush hush for now. A friend of mine is a painter, his name is Tony Roko. He is a self taught painter who currently works for Ford Automotive and for a long time he worked on the line, but now he's been asked to return to his duty of mural painting for them. However, this is not what I'm about to tell you. Tony was commissioned to created a work for Marvin Gaye as they were celebrating Marvin at the Motown Museum this year. Tony painted it and got some rave reviews about it. Now, writer and director Cameron Crowe, who's going to be doing a biopic on Marvin Gaye potentially wants Tony's painting in the movie! The cool part for moi is that I created postcards of Tony's work for his press kit and now some of my work is being emailed directly to Cameron Frickin' Crowe! My first and probably only ever brush with fame. I'm quite tickled.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well that totally rocks!

Chef E said...

I would love to include this info Brooke in my site, we are about Wine Art Music Project too, an event I am creating for my area, and will be bringing you on board to create those marketing things!

Cool beans girl! I can say I know you, who knows the, who knows me :)

I am worth knowing- you know!