Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Such A Good Night!!!

I hope you noticed that this posts title required not 1 but 3 exclamation points! I had my portfolio review at school tonight. I wasn't expecting much and had a few teachers in mind who I was less than thrilled to have in the case they would be the ones doing the review. However, when I got there, I was so excited to discover that I had my web design teacher, a woman Matt said was a great reviewer and another teacher I'd never met. I was nervous though, and my friend Nicole said, "it's because you care." She was right, aside from my immediate family, doing this work is the only thing I truly care about, it gives me purpose. I had their rapt attention the entire time, WITH mouths agape, literally, the teacher I didn't know sat there with his mouth open. :)

It couldn't have gone any better, they complimented my use of color, typography, structure, etc, it felt SO good. The teacher I really wanted feedback from told me I had the best student portfolio he'd seen in years. I was bouncing off the walls on the inside of my body. In his notes to me he said, "your skills dictate that you should be employed." Couldn't have said it better myself! When I left, the woman told me that it had been a pleasure to review my portfolio.

AMEN!

I had coffee with my friend and we talked for a couple hours about design about family, felt good to talk to someone new. She's young, doesn't have a family yet, but she is good listener and good for conversation. Awesome night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!!!!!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, Brooke!!! (with 3 exclamation points!) You ARE talented!

Valentina Harper said...

SUPER! :) Congrats Brooke!!! I'm not super surprise with the review because I really think you are super duper talented :)

P.S: yes... sometimes I'm still working in some designs projects, but mostly in projects I really like ;)