Monday, March 29, 2010

Where My Heads At


Since I've begun this cleansing ritual, I've realized that I'm also cutting off things I didn't mean to. Such as potential clients via some friends, friends who's emails I must obtain and those people who never did anything to me, but who will get swept under the rug because I have no way to contact them unless I break this vow of digital celibacy. Hmmm, what to do, a problem for another time I suppose. But, it has really put into perspective what I need to focus on. Not in any particular order other than brain dumping order: my health, my daughters health, my job search, my portfolio, my ability to learn and retain, the list could go on and on, but these you see are the highlights.

Was busy a couple weeks ago doing an invitation for my cousin's baby shower and I had to have them printed and buy envelopes for them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how they turned out and it's for a boy so I wanted different envelopes and to match the theme, I purchased an earth friendly version. Love anything printed onto or just made from the same material as paper grocery bags and wouldn't ya know it, the envelopes were called "grocery bag" envelopes. I even found a cheap source that ships for free in the US! Yeah for my cheap ass and my unwillingness to pay too much. Plus, why should envelopes cost $8 and ship for $15? I mean, hello, I don't even think they weigh a pound and your charging me almost double the cost of the damn items themselves?

Something of note that's come out from all of this is I feel like I'm already having more meaningful conversations via email. Strange how a lack of lol's, emoticons and ......'s can change how you feel about the language.

I'll be pretty heads down the next few days getting my portfolio ready for a instructor review at school tomorrow night, working on a website redesign for my final project, creating a hat logo/flyer for a Kentucky Derby event and I'm sure more that Im forgetting at the moment. But, because I've missed you so much, I'll be back soon.

No comments: