Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Time For Things To Change.

Had a rough day yesterday, between managing the everyday and trying to mix in a doctor appointment for me that took WAY longer than it needed to and trying to feel like I'm a good mother, I was pushed to my limit by the time Matt got home from school at 10pm. I unloaded to him and luckily for him, he just sat there, listened, and sympathized. YES, after all this time, he knows what I am looking for when I do that, not spending the whole time interrupting me offering "suggestions." I actually felt a little better after talking this time. However, I stayed up till 2am and felt sick to my stomach when I woke up at 8am. I really need to stop doing that, but I feel so much pressure to produce lately. The doctor told me that my issues with stress and anger are most likely the result of severe sleep deprivation, and I would have to tend to agree, but everything else as far as the new babe goes is perfection. Aside from new symptoms now of sciatic pain and what could be the start of vericose vains (OH YEAH!). This is my life. 

But, there is something new and potentially positive on the horizon, only time will tell, but I can't wait to get started, it could only make things a bit easier in the long run.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yes, change is good! And you, my friend, are long overdue for a streak of good luck. I will keep all my bits crossed for you!

As for the sciatic pain and vericose veins, well, unfortunately that's motherhood (and 30's!). The sciatic pain is a rea b*tch, isn't it? Tylenol worked most of the time for me during pregnancy.

Sleep deprivation is a BIG factor with my stress and patience levels. I snap at the kids far too easily when I haven't gotten enough rest...then feel like a bad mother....stress...anger...rinse & repeat. It's a vicious cycle and the only thing I've found that really helps is to break the cycle with some quality "me" time and lots of rest.

Take care, girl!