Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Visions of Sugar Plums Dance in My Head.

Well, I kind of owe someone an apology, not exactly sure who yet, but someone is probably due. Matt and I begrudgingly headed to the Health Department this morning and we were not prepared for what happened. I was already upset before we entered the building and basically told Matt, that he had to speak as I was already in tears. In my defense, I am 9 months pregnant and prone to emotional outbursts. So, this very nice girl tells us that she will squeeze us in on her break and we'll see if we can't get something. I'll spare all the boring details, but this amazing young girl whose only title was "Typist" is certainly much more deserving of a more inspiring title, maybe that of Goddess Representative on High, yeah, that's better. Whatever she did got not only Stella approved for MI Child - the very low monthly payment of $10/month with medical and dental which will allow her to continue going to the doctor in Plymouth that I absolutely love, but it also approved me for medicaid to fill in the blanks after I have Cohen and need all that follow up care, PLUS, she was able to qualify Cohen for the Healthy Kids program which is absolutely free!!!!! And, we were able to go back to Blue Cross Blue Shield, our beloved PPO. You do not know what it's like to go from having a PPO all your life to suddenly being thrust into the world of an HMO. I hated it and feel like I'm going home again. Before we left, both Matt and I hugged her and I told her that she had restored my faith in other people and I think I even called her honey, not like me, but I was again very emotional. So, needless to say, I finally feel like I am allowed to enjoy both this Christmas and the last few days we have as a family of three. Thank you again to our angel Nicole, you will never TRULY know what you've done for me and how I now trust other people with the things that are most important in my life. My hope is that someday I can do the same for someone else.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Brook said...

OH GREAT NEWS!!! I am so happy for you!!! This is GREAT NEWS!!! I love nice people... It makes you not feel so helpless!

CACTUSmango said...

what a blessing "Goddess" Nicole was for your family. i'm so glad you got her kind of help and not someone elses and that you can now enjoy the holidays. keep warm with hugs, mars