Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Too Too Busy.

It's been a whirlwind since well, the day before Thanksgiving. Yeah, Matt is out of work, but thankfully with all the OT he had put in through the last year or so, his unemployment is about $10 more per week than an average dues removed payweek. Yippee! Sadly though, it won't last forever. At least we weren't used to him making amazing money and it's not an adjustment, until it runs out of course. But, he'll be done with school in another semester or so and we have our fingers crossed.

Well, I am out of PC world and loving every minute of it. My brand new laptop arrived vis FedEx the Monday after Thanksgiving and here she is. 
I am indeed in love! I was even able to work at Panera this very afternoon after dropping Stella off at school. True bliss I say. We also got jolly the Saturday after Thanksgiving and Stella and I decorated our beloved pink tinsel tree. Matt pretty much hates it and says he needs to hand over a man card for every years it exists, but I enjoy it, it's something I've always wanted and finally, when we bought our house 2 years ago, I went ahead and just bought one on Ebay. Love it.
And, subsequently after Thanksgiving Stella was sick and not just a little, try double ear infections. And, on top of that, after getting her a free antibiotic from Meijer, we found out through some not so lovely hives that she is in fact allergic to anything with cillin in it so we went from free to a $40 antibiotic. YEAH! What next? No, I probably shouldn't ask that huh?

I have a question of all ya'll who may read or lurk on my little boring blog, can a pregnant woman tell if her baby is breech by how the baby moves and feels from the outside of the belly? I have a strange feeling and inclination that he is either diagonal or facing the wrong direction or something. There is an obvious side that he moves on and one side of my stomach sticks out further than the other and on occasion one side is downright more uncomfortable than the other. Am I just being weird? Please advise.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh your new computer is lovely!
Emma was breech for months, and I could never tell.

Jenn said...

Brooke, a pink tree?! Why doesn't that surprise me one bit ;) It suits you.

Total bummer about the 'cillin allergy.

Baby is usually head down now. The feelings you describe sound fairly normal. The "high" side was usually where my kids' rump was - and you'll definitely know when they roll over to the other side - like a scene from alien not to mention quite uncomfortable at this late stage! Your doctor should be able to tell at your appointment this week. The good news is once they're head down at this stage, they will most likely stay put. I'm getting so excited for you! It's so close!

We need to meet for coffee or just visit soon. It's been too long!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Yay for MacBook Pros! :)

Love the pink tree - too CUTE!

I think that babies can be breech but will turn themselves by the date of delivery. Jonah was facing the wrong way toward the end... and he gave me SEVERE back labor instead of having contractions in the front. I found out later that I could have walked up and down stairs sideways to help with this, but how was I to know? *lol*

OMG, you're down to the wire... Soon he'll be here!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I agree with everyone else. Sounds like normal, uncomfortable, late stage pregnancy! :)