Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Little Rock?

The first thing you have to know is, Stella thrives on other peoples attention, always has, and never gives me a hard time about going anywhere, in fact she usually looks forward to visiting new places for as much as I can tell of her personality, she is a perfect combination of extrovert with a little introvert thrown in for security purposes. So, this morning, when this incident took place, it broke my heart to see that my little rock, had started to crumble.

I was awoken in the usual way this morning by a little voice yelling "Mama, I POOOOPED!" Which obviously means come and wipe me. So, I begrudgingly get out of bed to do the duty. After I'm finished, she is suddenly overwhelmed with tears and telling me how she doesn't want to go to school because she'll miss her grammie. In that instance I was taken back to my early school years, when I spent more time faining sick in kindergarten than attending. Her situation was quite similar to mine, my mom was home with my little brother, and my baby brother was only a few months old and to top that off, my father was unemployed at the time. So, needless to say, I HAD to go to school while everyone else was able to enjoy the comforts of home. I vaguely remember those times, but can imagine that I almost felt abandoned in a way. Like, get outta here kid, ya bother me. In reality, it wasn't like that at all, and I'm sure with all that going on, it sort of ruined the whole my baby is off to school thing, but somehow I made it through the public school system and she'll do the same. At least today, I will be there with her,some sort of parent child thing. But, the part that's hard is, I KNOW how she is feeling. That sick feeling in her tummy, being on the verge of tears and all you want is for things to be like they are and have been every day for the last 4 plus years of your life. Maybe it will make it easier, maybe harder, but at least someday I can tell her that I totally understood how she was feeling at that exact moment when she woke me up this morning and she began to blubber on the toilet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww. she will be ok. Some days are just harder than others.