Monday, September 1, 2008

We Are Influx This Weekend.

Well, we have been busy little beavers all weekend, starting to get the babies room going. Matt will be starting school on Wednesday so, as we have decided to move our room to the babies room temporarily for like the first 6 months or so, we have painted and soon will be moving furniture. I will show pictures of what it looks like all newly painted, even down to freshly stripped and soon to be painted vent registers. I'm even doing sort of a wall mural with the babies name on it behind the crib, I'll take pics of that too obviously. A special thanks goes to Steve and all the Dyke family for a job well done. It was a long day for all of us, but the guys forged ahead and finished the job, we couldn't have gotten it done in such a timely manner without you. :) Now, as I sit here, all I here is the VERY loud sound of a saw cutting into my kitchen cabinets. A really sweet neighbor from across the street works for Sears and installs appliances and has offered us a dishwasher, the husband of the woman who loaned me the book "The Secret." They are such lovely people and would give you the shirt off their back if you asked for it. But, in approximately an hour, we will have our first ever dishwasher in the 31-33 years between the both of us. Honestly, someone's going to have to show me how to use it, but I'm thrilled. We honestly don't know what we're going to do with the extra 2 hours a week or so that our almighty dish buildup would take us to wash. YEAH for modern conveniences. When all this work is said and done, I will post pictures. So excited!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is awesome!
happy dishwashering :)

Jenn said...

WAHOOOOO! I'm so excited for you! No washing baby bottles three times a day! I've got an extra binky/bottle parts basket for the dishwasher you can have.

CACTUSmango said...

Fantastic! can't wait to see those pix of the wall mural and a fully loaded dishwasher is a beautiful thing ;)