Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Addition To My Blog: Favorite Moments

Taking a cue from Jules over at Pancakes & French Fries, I am going to start posting hopefully as often as they occur or at least once a week, my favorite moments of the day/week. So far I have a "Favorite Moments" from the weekend and the beginning of the week.
First and foremost, we got a new couch! YEAH! It's about time. Ikea had a 3 day sale going on and we picked up this spiffy little brown leather couch for $300. We definitely could have put that money to what some would term "better use" but honestly if you could see our old couch, you'd realize why we wanted and needed a new one. Not to mention, with new baby coming, our old couch was not too comfortable nor suitable for feeding and sitting with said baby, so there. Next, Stella is loving school, but told us lastnight that a boy in her class kissed her while they were in line going into gym class. I was quite surprised, and thought it was sort of cute. Apparently he kissed her on the arm, but you could tell she was embarassed. Lastnight she also made an attempt to ride a 2 wheel bike. Matt took the training wheels off quite a while ago, but she just decided to get brave in the last couple of days. Go Stella! And, finally, in the mail we got a little letter from Matt's school stating that because he was almost done with his degree, that he should meet with a counselor to do his senior audit. YEAH! Thank the lord. Once he's done, hopefully he'll find an amazing job and really take over most of the monetary responsibilities. I mean, I'm all for women's lib, but after over 3 years of working quite literally every day all hours of the day, I'm looking forward to a break in the next year or so. I love you Matt, you're my hero!:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

spending $300 dollars on something you use every day should not make you feel like it's not well spent! Very nice choice. :)
Go Stella! I didn't think Emma was ever going to ride a 2 wheeler.

CACTUSmango said...

go stella! my brother's taught me how to ride a 2 wheeler, by pushing me and letting go! except, they forgot to tell me how to break. thank goodness for the parked car. although i'm sure the car would disagree. and I wanted that couch, but hubby vetoed it, because we have way too much dark choco brown in our house. living vicariously through your blog pix of yours is great!!!

CACTUSmango said...

oh, i forgot to mention. check out families.com they pay bloggers. might be something for you, especially since you've been blogging regularly.

http://about.families.com/become-a-blogger