Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Time In 4 Years.

I have been taunted the last day or two by my Yahoo "In Box." How is this possible you say?? Last night and this morning I received not one but 2 emails encouraging me "not to miss out" on seeing my very favorite musician in the entire universe perform live in Ann Arbor. I first discovered Ben Folds about 15 years ago I think just matter-of-factly listening to the radio with my friend. I instantly loved his style, mediocre voice and what he had to say. It spoke to me at a time when I felt no one knew who I was. It felt good to be able to align myself with someone, something tha I understood, even if only in small part. So, I even married someone miraculously whom resembled this person at least to me, not on purpose, but by sheer chance and fate. Funny how that works out. 

Anyway, we've both been to his shows I think 3 years in a row or so, I even won tickets one year, while working at my bosses house sitting on the commode, "can't believe I just typed that." But, I thought it was the coolest thing. He puts on an amazing show and if you are the least bit interested in his music, you should attend at least one show, it won't be your last. Sadly this year, I cannot justify the cost of the ticket, even though it is only $30.50 per ticket, a very small price to pay for such entertainment. And, really, I can't unload my children on my parents with Cohen only being not quite 7 weeks at that point. Even a doting grandparent would probably say "NO" to that request.

I guess what I'm saying is that this year there will at least be 2 extra seats left available to 2 lucky newbies to discover the true joy of Ben Folds experience. Have a great time, I'll be dieing of jealousy.

4 comments:

Ker said...

I <3 Ben Folds! Is he on tour right now or just having a one time concert? I've never seen him live, but I would love to! My favorite song is Cigarette...

I'm not even sure why, but I just love that song!

Jenn said...

OMGosh, it's Matt's long lost twin!! Seriously, I thought that was an old picture of Matt!

Jenn said...

LOL...I just showed this post to Steve and he said, "Hey, that guy looks JUST like Matt!"

Brook said...

Sucks! I want to go now!! hahaha