Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Revising Plans

Call me what you will, slacker, lier, fibber. I am all those things. I have been caught up in the stresses of life right now, some scary realities and yes, some lack of determination. All this along with my baby love at my side or on my hip, both proverbially and actually. He is pretty much an appendage from about 9am until 9pm or so. As much as I strive to put him down, he strives to rest his head on my heart and who am I to complain. 

So, my plans have had to suffer a bit and I am being forced to revise my plans on creatng a new download every day. So, for the moment I am planning on doing one per week. For now though I leave you with yet another childhood photo of me, my grandma and a couple of old, old, OLD friends from elementary school.

What's funny about this picture aside from our wardrobes and hairstyles, I actually almost got into my first and only physical fight with another girl over this very dress that I am wearing. You see, this is a photo taken at my 6th grade graduation. A couple weeks before this I went to a friends house and she showed me the dress she was going to wear to our graduation. When I went shopping with my mom at the ever fashionable JCPenney, I spotted the very dress she bought and also purchased it and wore it the same day. She freaked out. And after that summer upon entering Junior High and the ever horrible 7th grade, through other people, she declared that she wished to fight me over this. I was mystified, never had this happened to me before or since, but somehow I got out of it, probably with the help from friends, but I've never forgotten about it and will probably pass along the advice to Stella in the future. Funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I remember this day vividly! I remeber Heather's pink dress! THANK YOU for not putting a pic of me on there!!! :)
Hilarious!!!
-Aud

Anonymous said...

WHO wanted to fight you for the dress???
~Aud
P.S. Hang in there, BTW. You're doing great Mama. I hope you'll come to Luke's bday party!

Ker said...

What is up with crazy 7th grade bitches? I too had an arch nemesis at the tender age of 12. Me - the meekest, nicest 12 year old you could meet. Of course, my arch nemesis and I became pals in high school, and then by the end of high school we hated each other again.

What? She was CRAZY I tell you :)

My little guy finally went to sleep early this morning after being incredibly fussy for an hour by settling down on my husbands chest. He was late for work, but so worth it for the extra hour of sleep I got, lol.

CACTUSmango said...

the first paragraph of this post makes for some beautiful song lyrics. if i were a musician, i'd pen a tune to them for you.