Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's An Obama Nation!

I will refrain from pontificating about what this day means as we are already aware of the magnitude and gravity of todays events. I will just say that I am a sensitive person and last week I even cried during an animated Disney movie, "Meet the Robinson's." In my defense it's about a little boy who is an orphan and when given the chance to go back in time to meet the mother who gave him up, instead chooses not to because his mother was really the woman who ran the orphanage. Come on your heartless if that is not touching and it made me think of Cohen, how people can give up their little babies I'll never understand. Anyway, while listening to the radio this morning they were talking about Martin Luther King Jr. and as the woman got choked up, so did I so I had to change the radio station. Then, as I was feeding little Coey, I caught Obama's actual speech and that got me quite a bit teary, I had to leave the room. It's not that I didn't want to cry so to speak, it's just that I feel silly. Am I weird as a white woman to feel positive emotions about such an impactful day? Would someone think it was not right for me to get these feelings because how could I truly understand what today means? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that for now I feel safe, at ease and happy. Something I have not felt, well, almost never about my country. 

And, for your viewing pleasure, Cohen in his new hat. And, anyone that knows Matt and his infamous hat, will truly appreciate this one. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh that is way cute!!!